Vegetarian Onion Bhaji Burger
with sweet potato fries, cucumber salad and herbed sour cream
40 min. | 781 kcal | easy | |
1. Cook the fries Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the sweet potatoes into thin fries. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes until browned. Add more salt if desired once out of the oven.
2. Setup Peel the onion and leave it whole. Slice the onion into rounds of about 1 cm thick. Very finely chop the herbs. Grate the carrots and cucumbers.
3. Make the salad and sauce Mix the carrots with the cucumbers, half the herbs, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Mix the sour cream with the remaining herbs.
4. Bread the onion Put the flour in a large bowl with the baking powder, spices, 1 2P | 1.5 3P cup of water and salt. Add the onion slices to the mixture. The batter should not be too thin nor too thick.
5. Cook the onion Fill the bottom of a skillet with oil and heat over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the onion slices for about 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. If the oil becomes too smoky, reduce the heat. Place the cooked onion slices on a paper towel.
6. Plate your dish Heat the buns in the oven for 1-2 minutes if desired. Garnish with the sour cream, onion slices and a little carrot and cucumber salad. Serve with the rest of the salad and the fries. Bon appétit!
1 unit White Onion(s)
2 unit Brioche Burger Buns
200 ml All-Purpose Flour
5 ml Baking Powder
1 unit Fresh Mint and Parsley
500 g Sweet Potato(es)
2 unit Lebanese Cucumber(s)
20 ml Spice Mix (cumin powder,curry powder)
2 unit Sour Cream
2 unit Carrot(s)
What you need sheet pan, pan, bowls, tongs
% daily value
% daily value