35 min. | 536 kcal | intermediate | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. Cook in the boiling water for 10-12 minutes. Zest the lemon. Put in a bowl with the juice of half a lemon and 1/4 cup of oil. Marinate the pork in the lemon mixture. Dice the apple. Chop the green onion(s). Cut the carrots into thin sticks.
2. Start the sauce In a small pot, bring the demi-glace mix to a boil in 0.5 2P | 0.75 3P cup of water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and reserve.
3. Cook the apples Heat 1-2 tbsp of butter in the pan on medium-high. Cook the apples and the brown sugar for 2-3 minutes. Add the apple juice and the demi-glace. Let the sauce cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the sour cream and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Keep warm.
4. Mash the potatoes and cook the carrots Drain the potatoes. Mash with a knob of butter and half of the green onion(s). Salt and pepper. Keep warm. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the carrots for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add salt and pepper. Keep warm.
5. Cook the pork Add the pork and the marinade in a pan and cook for 2 minutes on one side. Flip the pork, reduce heat to medium-low and cook the other side for 5-6 minutes.
6. Plate your dish Serve the pork chops with the mashed potatoes and the apple sauce. Garnish with the rest of the green onion(s). Bon appétit!
What you need Pans, pot, strainer, peeler, potato masher
% daily value
% daily value