The Policy extends to all personal information collected by « Cook it Recipes inc. » on our website at www.chefcookit.com (the “Site”) (collectively the “Service”) and through any other communication initiated « Cook it Recipes inc. » with email or otherwise. The Policy is subject to the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, and other laws and regulations.
The personal information we collect and the reasons which we collect. We collect certain personal information and create a record of people who use our Site (each a “User” and collectively, the “Users”), or anyone who communicates with us. When you register for the service, « Cook it Recipes inc. » asked to provide an email address as a username; you can also create a user profile and have the option to provide your name, address, and other information (collectively the “Personal Information”).
The Personal Information is collected and used in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide the service and allow you to use the Service.
- to operate the Service and to enhance and customize your experience with the Service.
- to provide you support and manage requests and complaints.
- to send you updates, notices, announcements and additional information relating to the Service.
- to send you marketing and advertising content by email, subject to your prior consent.
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires.
- to contact you when « Cook it Recipes inc. » deems necessary
- to comply with any applicable law and assist the various bodies responsible for applying the law, when « Cook it Recipes inc. » determines in good faith that the collaborative « Cook it Recipes inc. » is required under the law or that it must satisfy with applicable legal requirements.
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activity or abusive use of the Service.
- to manage faults and failures.
- to take any action in case of litigation or legal proceedings of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and the Supplier or third parties in respect of or in connection with the Service;
We use the Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected. Your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information for secondary marketing purposes (ie. Sending promotions via email or a newsletter) or survey purposes does not constitute a mandatory requirement to become a Service User. « Cook it Recipes inc. » may occasionally transmit its Users communications on the Service by email or otherwise. You can choose to receive these communications « Cook it Recipes inc. » by checking the appropriate box on a form or otherwise, as appropriate. You can decide at any time to unsubscribe to these communications by accessing your online user account and changing your user preferences. We give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from these communications every time a communication is sent.
It may be that we collect information that is not of a personal nature when you visit our website or access the Service via the Site, including the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you use, your IP address or domain name the website from which you have made the connection with our Site (collectively the “Electronic Information”). In addition, when you visit our Site, we may store some information on your computer as a control (“cookie”) or a similar file. Cookies enable us to retain certain information about your use of the Service, including the date of your last visit, pages viewed and downloaded files, if any. Cookies allow us to tailor a website to better match your interests and preferences. « Cook it Recipes inc. » does not map the Electronic Information obtained your Personal Information. Most Internet browsers allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block or receive a warning before downloading. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, you may experience some problems in the use of the Service or even be prevented from using the Service.
« Cook it Recipes inc. » retains Personal Information for a reasonable period or to achieve the objectives set or is in accordance with the law, whichever time frame is longer. We establish retention criteria depending on the type of information collected. Once the goals achieved and Personal Information is no longer required or if the person asked to remove such information, we ensure anonymity or we destroy it so as to ensure protection against access or unauthorized disclosure. We never disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent, except:
- suppliers of goods or services (organization or individual) whose services have been retained to perform certain functions on our behalf (eg. organization and management of services offered by « Cook it Recipes inc. », data processing, document management, etc.). « Cook it Recipes inc. » takes the necessary steps, through contractual or other means, to ensure that these third-party providers of goods or services process your Personal Information only for the purposes determined by « Cook it Recipes inc. » and offer a degree of protection comparable to Personal Information « Cook it Recipes inc. » provides one with respect to the Personal Information which is in its possession.
- any entity resulting from a sale, merger or a change of control « Cook it Recipes inc. » in whole or in part, and only if the parties reach an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of information is limited to the objectives of commercial transaction; and any public authority as required by law.
We do not share your Personal Information to a promotional partner unless you have specifically consented to the disclosure of your Personal Information to one.
The email addresses of your friends or other personal information to invite them to visit the Site or send them a page of our Site, if any, are not being collected and are not kept by « Cook it Recipes inc. » unless they themselves have provided us their Personal Information and to become Service Users.
All data is stored on servers with high security systems, protected against access by unauthorized persons and malicious uses. « Cook it Recipes inc. » also protects the Personal Information disclosed to third parties in accordance with this policy in order to preserve confidentiality, and the purposes for which it was collected. Only individuals (employees or agents) who have access to information in the course of their duties can access it. Your Personal Information is retained and stored on our behalf by our hosting company. It is possible that some parts of the Personal Information is transferred outside the province of Quebec.
Our Site may contain links to websites operated by other companies. By clicking on these links, you leave the Site. « Cook it Recipes inc. » has no control over the operation of these websites and the fact that they are listed on our website does not in any way responsible for « Cook it Recipes inc. ». Any Personal Information you transmit through these sites will be subject to the privacy policies of these.
From time to time, it may be that « Cook it Recipes inc. » modifies this Policy. Please check back periodically.
Si vous avez des questions au sujet de notre politique en matière de protection de l’Information Personnelle, de l’accès à l’Information Personnelle, de la collecte, de l’utilisation et de la communication de l’Information Personnelle, de la façon dont vous pouvez porter plainte ou si vous désirez retirer votre nom d’une ou de plusieurs de nos listes d’envoi ou mettre à jour votre Information Personnelle, veuillez communiquer avec nous à l’If you have questions about our policy on protection of the Personal Information, Access to Personal Information, collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information, how you can file a complaint or would like your name removed from one or more of our mailing lists or update your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact page of our website. Please note that « Cook it Recipes inc. » also offers you the opportunity to update some of your Personal Information directly online by accessing your User account.
Last updated : August 18th, 2021