1. Cook the turnipPeel and cut the turnip into small cubes. Put in a pot filled with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain. Mash with a knob of butter, some milk (to taste), salt and pepper. Keep warm.
2. SetupFinely chop the mushrooms (duxelle is the name for the minced mushrooms). Cut the carrots into fine sticks. Chop the parsley. Put 0.5 2P | 1 3Pbroth cube in 1 2P | 1.5 3P cup of water. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to get two thin cutlets.
3. Bread the chickenMix 1 2P | 2 3P packets of sour cream with 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of water in a bowl. Put the flour in a plate (keep 1 tbsp. for later). Add salt and pepper to the chicken. Dip in the sour cream mixture then cover with the flour. Heat a generous drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, reduce the heat a bit and cook the chicken cutlets4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Cook the mushroomsAdd the mushrooms and a drizzle of oil to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the tbsp of flour and mix. Add the beef broth, whisk and bring to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the last cup of sour cream and whisk to get a creamy sauce. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook the carrotsMeanwhile, add the carrots, 1 tbsp. of butter and 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water to a pan and bring to a boil. Cook 5-7 minutes over medium heat or until the water is evaporated and the carrots are tender. Add salt and pepper. Mix with the parsley.
6. Plate your dishServe the chicken topped with the mushroom sauce along with the turnip puree and the carrots. Bon appétit!