1. Cook the riceRinse the rice. In a saucepan, add the rice and 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Once cooked, place in a plate or plate to let it dry for a few minutes so that the rice is not too wet when it is time to fry it.
2. SetupChop the green onions. Cut the carrot into very small dices. Cut the lemon in half. Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk them. In a bowl, place half of the eggs and the shrimps. Mix well, season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, place the cornstarch.
3. Make the fried riceIn a pan over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of vegetable oil. Add the carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes. Push to one side in the pan and add the rest of the eggs. Cook for 1-2 minutes and break into pieces. Add the cooked rice, the hoisin sauce and the green peas. Mix well, season with salt and pepper.
4. Fry the shrimpIn a deep frying pan, add about an inch of vegetable oil. Dip the shrimps in the cornstarch. Once the oil is hot, cook the shrimps for 2-3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels.
5. Make the sauce and assembleRemove the oil from the skillet. On medium heat, add the walnuts and 2 tbsp of sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and set aside. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, the honey and the juice of half a lemon. Add the shrimp and the caramelized walnuts and mix well.
6. Plate your dishServe the shrimps with the vegetable fried rice. Garnish with the green onions. Bon appétit!