King Oyster Mushroom "Scallops"
over creamy pappardelle with lemon, spinach and parmesan
35 min. | 739 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the mushroom stems into slices of about 1 cm thick to mimic scallops. Hatch the mushroom scallops. Thinly slice the heads. Zest the lemon. Chop the parsley.
2. Cook the pasta Remove 1/2 2P | 2/3 3P cup of hot water from the pot and add the miso and 0.5 2P | 0.5 3P crumbled broth cube. Place in bowl with mushroom scallops and the sauce mixture. Let marinate. Add the pasta to the pot of water and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Reserve 1/4 |1/3 cup of the cooking water. Drain.
3. Cook the mushroom heads Wam up a pan over medium-high heat. Add the almonds and roast 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan. Add a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan. Add the mushroom caps and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt. Add the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Cook the mushroom scallops Warm up a drizzle of oil in another pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the mushroom scallops and half of the broth and cook 3-5 minutes or until the broth has evaporated. Flip the mushrooms, add the rest of the broth and cook 3-5 minutes more or until both sides are colored.
5. Add the pasta Add the cooked pasta to the pan of spinach with the cream, the cooking water, the lemon zest, the juice of half a lemon and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes. Add half of the parmesan and the parsley. Mix.
6. Plate your dish Serve the pasta and garnish with the mushroom scallops, the almonds and the remaining parmesan. Add lemon juice, to taste. Bon appétit!
200gKing Oyster Mushrooms
180gEgg Pappardelle Pasta
1unitFresh Italian Parsley
30gGrana Padano Cheese
0.5unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
75mlSauce Mix (soy sauce,maple syrup)
What you need Pans, Tongs, Bowls, Pot, Strainer.
% daily value
% daily value