Tex-Mex and Lime Flank Steak
with sour cream mashed potatoes and corn, tomato and feta salsa
30 min. | 571 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the potatoes Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces. Place in a pot with enough water to cover them. Add salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash with the sour cream, some milk and some butter, to taste. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Setup Cut the tomato into small dices. Thinly slice the green onion. Crumble the feta. Zest the lime. Drain and rinse the corn.
3. Cook the meat In a large bowl, combine the zest and the juice of half a lime with a generous drizzle of oil, the Tex Mex spices, salt and pepper. Add the flank steaks and marinate for 4-5 minutes. Heat up a pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the flank steaks and the marinade and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until the desired doneness. Let the steak rest 3-4 minutes before slicing against the grain.
4. Make the salsa Mix the corn with the tomato, the feta cheese, the green onion, a drizzle of oil, some lime juice, to taste, salt and pepper.
5. Plate your dish Serve the meat with the mashed potatoes and the corn salsa. Bon appétit!
What you need Pan, Bowls, Pot, Strainer, Potato masher, Tongs, Vegetable peeler
% daily value
% daily value