1. SetupPreheat the oven to 425°F. Thinly slice the onion. Cut the lime and tomatoes into quarters. Chop the cilantro. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the lentils and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain.
2. Prepare the salsaAdd the tomatoes, 1 tsp. of the spices, half of the onion to taste, a bit of cilantro, the jalapeño to taste (you can keep some to garnish the lasagna), the juice of a quarter lime, 1 tsp. of sugar and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Grind until you get a salsa.
3. Cook the beefHeat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, lentils and remaining spices and cook for 5-6 minutes. Crush the lentils using a potato masher. Add salt and pepper.
4. Assemble the lasagnaSpread some salsa in the bottom of a baking dish. Add 1 tortilla in the dish. Garnish with the beef mixture, cheddar cheese and a bit of salsa. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and toppings. Keep a little salsa and cheese to garnish the top of the last tortilla. Cut the excess tortillas that stick out from the dish if necessary.
5. Bake in the ovenBake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. If you want, put on broil for 3 minutes.
6. Plate your dishServe and garnish with the guacamole, sour cream, remaining onion to taste and cilantro. Add lime juice to taste. Bon appétit!
3unitWheat tortilla 10in
What you needpan, food processor, baking dish, potato masher