1. Cook the friesPreheat oven to 425°F. Slice the potatoes into fries. Mix with a drizzle of oil, half of the spices, salt and pepper. Put on a tray lined with baking paper. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Flip the fries halfway.
2. SetupMince the onion, the mushrooms and the green onion(s). Cut the pepper into thin strips. Put the broth cube in 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of warm water and mix.
3. Cook the vegetablesHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and the pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Make the gravyAdd 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp of butter to the pan. When the butter gets foamy, add the flour and mix into a roux. Add the broth while whisking until smooth. Add the rest of the spices and some pepper.
5. Plate your dishServe the fries in bowls and let everyone garnish their plate with the vegetables, the sauce, the cheese curds and the green onion(s). Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own poutine. Bon appétit!
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
30mlSpice Mix (paprika,onion powder)
What you needbaking tray, baking paper, whisk, bowl, pan