35 min. | 519 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the parsnip Cut the parsnip and carrot into very small pieces. Place in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 18-20 minutes until tender. Drain then mash using a potato masher with butter and milk to taste. Add salt and pepper. Keep warm.
2. Setup Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Chop the shallot. Cut the apple into small cubes. Strip the thyme leaves from the sprigs.
3. Sear the pork Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Pat the pork dry. Add salt and pepper. Cook the pork 2 minutes on each side then remove from the pan.
4. Make the sauce Add 1 tbsp of butter, the shallot, thyme and apple to the skillet. Add salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add 3/4 2P | 1 3P cup water, 0.5 2P | 0.5 3P stock cube and cream. Mix. Return the pork to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook 3-4 minutes until the sauce has reduced a little. Cover and finish cooking the pork over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Cook the broccoli While the pork cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in another pan on medium-high. Cook the broccoli 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness. Add salt and pepper.
6. Plate your dish Serve the pork with the apple cream sauce, parsnip and carrot mash and the broccoli. Bon appétit!
4unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
0.5unitChicken Broth Cube(s)
What you need pans, pot, strainer, potato masher, tongs
% daily value
% daily value