Rice and Honey Mustard Chicken Drumstick Casserole
with zucchini, bell pepper, fresh herbs and lime
40 min. | 851 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 350°F. Chop the herbs, the onion and the garlic. Cut the zucchini into small cubes. Cut the peppers into strips or cubes.
2. Mix the chicken In a bowl, mix the chicken drumsticks with the honey, the mustard, the garlic and a drizzle of oil. Add some salt and pepper.
3. Precook the rice Warm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and the zucchini for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the rice and mix well. Add 2 2P | 3 3P cups of water and the broth cube and bring to a boil. When the water boils, transfer everything to a large baking dish with the peppers. Add 1-2 tbsp. of butter to the dish.
4. Sear the chicken Warm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken drumsticks for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to the baking dish with the rice.
5. Bake in the oven Cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the broth. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
6. Plate your dish Serve the chicken with the rice. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Garnish with the herbs and the lime juice, to taste. Bon appétit!
4unitMini colorful peppers
0.5unitFresh Parsley and Oregano
1unitChicken Broth Cube(s)
What you need Pan, Pot, Baking dish, Aluminium foil, Tongs, Bowl.
% daily value
% daily value