Salmon with yogurt curry cucumber salad
with pickled shallot, green pea rice and cilantro
30 min. | 545 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a pot with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil. Thinly slice the shallot. Cut the cucumber in half horizontally and remove the seeds with a spoon. Thinly slice the cucumber into half rounds. Chop the cilantro.
2. Pickle the shallot Place the shallot in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the shallot** and leave to marinate.
3. Cook the rice Pour the rice in the boiling water, cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes. Add the green peas 2 minutes before the rice is done cooking. When the rice is done cooking, add some butter or oil, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook the salmon Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat. Pat the salmon dry. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
5. Make the raita Meanwhile, mix the cucumber together with the yogurt, spices (to taste) and half of the cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the salmon with the cucumber raita, the rice and the pickled shallot. Garnish with the remaining cilantro. Bon appétit!
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
15mlSpice Mix (cumin powder,curry powder)
What you need pan, pot, bowl
% daily value
% daily value