Southwest Style Chicken Drumsticks
with spiced sour cream and cheesy black bean and corn orzo
35 min. | 825 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the chicken Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the chicken drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of oil, 1/3 of the spices, salt and pepper. Mix well and coat each drumstick. Bake in the oven for 30-32 minutes until browned.
2. Setup Chop the onion. Cut the pepper into small cubes. Drain and rinse the corn and black beans.
3. Cook the vegetables Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium high. Cook the onion, bell pepper and 1/3 of the spices 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the beans and corn and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the orzo Add the orzo, broth cube and 2 2P | 3 3P cups of water and bring to a boil. Cook 7-9 minutes over medium-low heat until the liquid is absorbed. Add the cheese and mix. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
5. Make the sauce In a bowl mix the sour cream with the yogurt, the rest of the spices, 1 tbsp. of white or cider vinegar and 1 tsp. of sugar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the drumsticks with the Southwest sauce and the orzo. Bon appétit!
16gSpice Mix (ground chipotle,onion powder,garlic powder,dried parsley)
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
1unitChicken Broth Cube(s)
What you need sheet pan, tongs, pan, bowl
% daily value
% daily value