Sweet and Spicy Eggplant Cubes
over lentil salad with lime yogurt and toasted cashews and coconut
30 min. | 445 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Cut the eggplant into bite-sized cubes. Grate the carrot. Roughly chop the cashews. Chop the kale and the herbs. Cut the cucumber into small pieces. Drain and rinse the lentils. Mix the eggplant cubes with the sauce mixture, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Let marinate.
2. Toast the nuts Warm up a pan over medium-high heat. Add the cashews and the coconut flakes. Cook 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan.
3. Cook the kale Add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Cook the kale for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl with the lentils, the cucumber, the carrot, the nuts, the herbs, the juice of half a lime, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
4. Cook the eggplant Add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Cook the eggplant pieces for 5-7 minutes or until browned. Add oil to the pan, if needed.
5. Mix the yogurt Mix the yogurt with a little lime juice and 1-2 tbsp. of water.
6. Plate your dish Serve the lentil salad topped with the eggplant pieces and the yogourt. Bon appétit!
60mlSauce Mix (sambal oelek,maple syrup)
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
What you need Pan, Bowls, Strainer, Tongs, Box grater.
% daily value
% daily value