1. SetupBring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the cherry tomatoes in 2. Chop the garlic. Cut the zucchini into small cubes. Tear the kale into large pieces. Put the cashews in a glass of water to soak them.
2. Cook the pastaWhen the water is boiling, put the kale in the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove with tongs and put in a colander. Take 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of the cooking water. Rinse the kale with cold water. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pot of water and cook 10-12 minutes until tender. Keep 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of pasta cooking water then drain.
3. Make the pestoIn a food processor, put the kale, 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of cooking water, basil, garlic, juice of half a lemon, a drizzle of oil, the drained cashews, half of the nutritional yeast , salt and pepper. Reduce everything into a pesto.
4. Cook the vegetablesHeat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium high. Cook the zucchini3-4 minutes until browned. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add the pastaAdd the cooked pasta, pesto and the other cooking water. Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste.
6. Plate your dishServe the pasta and garnish with the remaining nutritional yeast and pumpkin seeds. It is possible to leave everything in the center of the table and let everyone help themselves. Bon appétit!
What you needpot, strainer, tongs, food processor, pan