1. Cook the potatoesPreheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the potatoes into large cubes. Place in a saucepan with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 7-9 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
2. Cook the ribsPlace the ribs on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add the spices and half the BBQ sauce to the meat. Coat well. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes.
3. SetupThinly slice the green onion. Grate the carrot. Cut the pickle and celery into small pieces.
4. Make the coleslawIn a bowl, mix the cabbage with the carrot, a drizzle of oil, 1-2 tbsp. of cider or wine vinegar, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Make the potato saladWhen the potatoes are cooked, toss them in a bowl with the green onion, pickle, celery, sauce mix, salt and pepper. Let your children develop their cooking skills by inviting them to mix all the ingredients together.
6. Plate your dishServe the ribs with the remaining BBQ sauce, coleslaw and potato salad. Bon appétit!