1. Adjust the steps of the recipe for your childrenTo help your children discover and develop their taste buds, try reducing the amount of spices in the beef and sauce. Not everyone likes cumin, so using a smaller quantity could help get the whole family on board! Place everything in the centre of the table and let everyone serve themselves.
2. Cook the tortillasPreheat oven to 400°F. Cut the tortillas into triangles. Place on a sheet pan and add a drizzle of oil and some salt. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until colored.
3. SetupCut the tomatoes into small cubes. Chop the cilantro. Thinly slice the shallot. Mix the guacamole with lime juice.
4. Cook the beefHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef with half of the spices and the soy sauce for 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Remove from the pan.
5. Make the cheese sauceRemove the excess oil from the pan if needed. Add 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of butter to the pan. When the butter is melted and bubbling, add the flour and mix. Cook 1 minute. Add the milk and whisk until it becomes a thick and smooth sauce. Add the cheese and the remaining spices and mix until the cheese has melted. Add more milk or water if too thick. Adjust seasoning to taste.
6. Plate your dishServe the tortilla chips in a big plate and garnish with all the ingredients and the cheese sauce. Add lime juice to taste. Bon appétit!