1. SetupPreheat the oven to 425°F. Finely chop the leek and dill. Cut the cucumber into half moons. Peel the shrimp.
2. Cook the vegetablesHeat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leek and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Make the cheese sauceAdd the flour, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk and stir to avoid lumps. Add 2/3 of the cheddar and half of the dill (optional) and cook until it is well melted in the sauce. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake in the ovenPlace the bread slices on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set the oven to broil. Add the shrimp sauce on the slices of bread. Garnish with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until colored.
5. Make the saladMeanwhile, mix the arugula with the cucumber, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add a few drops of vinegar if desired.
6. Plate your dishGarnish the shrimp toasts with the remaining dill, lemon juice to taste and serve with the salad. Bon appétit!