1. SetupThinly slice the mushrooms. Chop the shallot and the spinach.
2. Cook the cauliflowerPut the cauliflower and the broth cube in a pot. Fill with water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain. Mash with a knob of butter. Adjust seasoning. Keep warm. A new way to introduce cauliflower to children that can remind them of other beloved foods like mashed potatoes.
3. Roast the almondsPut the almonds in a pan over medium-high heat. Roast 3-5 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan.
4. Cook the chickenAdd a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to the chicken. Cook the chicken6-8 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan.
5. Make the sauceAdd a knob of butter to the pan with the shallot and mushrooms. Cook 4-5 minutes. Pour in the cream and put the chicken back in the pan. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes over low heat. Add the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes.
6. Plate your dishServe the mashed cauliflower with the chicken, the mushroom sauce and garnish with the almonds. Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own plate. Bon appétit!