Chicken Bowl with Cameline Dressing
with rice, edamame, cabbage, orange and a soy, maple and ginger dressing
30 min. | 645 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Finely chop the garlic and ginger. Zest the orange then cut the flesh into supremes or pieces. Press the juice of the other orange and keep it for the sauce. Thinly slice the cabbage. Chop the cilantro.
2. Cook the rice Bring a pot with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil. Add the edamame and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Pour in the rice, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat or until the rice is cooked and tender.
3. Cook the chicken Pat the chicken dry then season with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Roast the almonds 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from the skillet. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Add the chicken, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked through.
4. Marinate the cabbage Place the cabbage in a bowl with half the cilantro, a drizzle of oil, 1 tbsp. cider or wine vinegar, 1 tsp. of sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Make the sauce In a bowl, put the sauce mix, camelina oil, garlic, ginger, orange zest, the juice of 0.5 2P | 0.75 3P orange and a pinch of sugar to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the rice in a bowl with the edamame, cabbage, orange pieces and sliced chicken. Serve with the sauce, roasted almonds and remaining cilantro. Bon appétit!
28mlRoasted Camelina oil
100gSliced red cabbage
30mlSauce Mix (soy sauce,maple syrup)
What you need pan, pot, slotted spoon, bowl, tongs
% daily value
% daily value