Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowls
with turmeric rice, pickles, tomato salad and a yogourt-tahini sauce
30 min. | 610 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Chop the garlic, the cilantro, the dill and the onions. Cut the lemon in half. Cut the tomato into small cubes. Cut the pickle in half.
2. Marinate the chicken In a bowl, combine the chicken breasts, the juice of half a lemon, half of the garlic and the spice mix.
3. Cook the rice In a pot or a pan, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add half of the onions and the curcuma. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the rice and mix well. Add 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
4. Cook the chicken In a pan, over medium-high heat, add the chicken breasts. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Lower the heat, cover and cook another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Once cooked, cut into pieces.
5. Make the sauce and the tomato salad In a bowl, combine the yogurt, the tahini, the juice of half a lemon, the rest of the garlic and 2 2P | 3 3P tbsp. of water. . Mix well, season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the rest onions, the tomatoes, the cilantro, the dill. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Plate your dish Serve the chicken with the rice, the tomato salad, the pickles and the sauce. Bon appétit!
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
1unitDill and Coriander
5.5gSpice Mix (cumin powder,coriander powder,smoked paprika)
What you need Bowls, Pans.
% daily value
% daily value