1. Cook the barleyBring a large pot of water with 0.5 2P | 1 3P broth cube to a boil. Pour in the barley and cook for 20-23 minutes over medium-high heat until tender. Drain.
2. SetupPeel and grate the carrots. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Place the spice blend in a bowl and coat the chicken with the mixture. Add salt and pepper.
3. Make the saladHeat a skillet over medium-high heat. Roast the almonds for about 3-4 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl with the arugula, carrots, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
4. Cook the chickenAdd a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken4-5 minutes on one side. Flip, cover and cook 7-9 minutes over low heat until the center is cooked. Remove from the pan.
5. Cook the mushroomsAdd the mushrooms and 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan over medium heat. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water, 0.5 2P | 0.5 3P broth cube and 2 2P | 3 3P tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the cream, mix and return the chicken to the pan. Cover and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes. You can also serve the chicken with the sauce on the side.
6. Plate your dishServe the chicken with the barley and the salad. Bon appétit!