Chicken with a Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
with barley and a carrot and toasted almond arugula salad
35 min. | 787 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the barley Bring a pot of water with 0.5 2P | 1 3P broth cube to a boil. Pour in the barley and cook for 20-23 minutes over medium-high heat until tender. Drain.
2. Setup Peel and grate the carrots. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Place the spice blend in a bowl and coat the chicken with the mixture. Add salt and pepper.
3. Make the salad Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Roast the almonds for about 3 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl with the arugula, carrots, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
4. Cook the chicken Add a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken 4-6 minutes per side and cover halfway through cooking. Remove from the pan.
5. Cook the mushrooms Add the mushrooms and 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water, 0.5 2P | 0.5 3P broth cube and 2 2P | 3 3P tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the cream, mix and return the chicken to the pan. Cover and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
6. Plate your dish Serve the chicken with the barley and the salad. Bon appétit!
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
100gWhite Medium Mushroom
3unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
16gSpice Mix (all-purpose flour,onion powder)
What you need pan, pot, strainer, box grater, bowl
% daily value
% daily value