1. SetupBring a pot of water to a boil. Thinly slice the Swiss chard leaves. Cut the zucchini into thin strips or small cubes. Zest the lemon.
2. Cook the pastaCook the pasta8-10 minutes until tender. Keep 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Drain.
3. Cook the chickenSeason the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the thighs4-5 minutes on one side. Flip, cover and cook for 6-7 minutes over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Make the chimichurriAdd the herbs, garlic, spices, (Spicy, to taste), lemon zest and juice and 1/3 cup of oil in a container. Reduce to a sauce using a blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Children are often interested in seeing a blender in action, take the opportunity to show them the ingredients that go into the sauce, they will be curious to give it a taste.
5. Cook the zucchiniHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the capers and Swiss chard and cook for 3 minutes. Add the pasta, cooking water and a drizzle of olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dishSlice the chicken and serve over the pasta. Garnish with the chimichurri sauce. Bon appétit!
2unitCoriander and Parsley
5mlSpice Mix(chili flakes,dried oregano)
What you needpans,pot, strainer, bowl, hand blender