1. SetupBring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the kernels from the ear of corn. Cut the tomatoes in 2. Roughly chop the kale. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Cook the pastaAdd the kale to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 1 minute. Remove with tongs and put in a colander. Rinse with cold water then squeeze out all the water. Set the kale aside. Add the pasta to the pot of water and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain.
3. Cook the cornHeat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium high. Cook the chickpeas and corn for 4-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
4. Make the pestoPut the kale in a food processor with the basil, garlic to taste, the juice of half a lemon and 1/2 2P | 2/3 3P cup of oil. Reduce everything into a pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more oil if needed.
5. Add the pastaAdd the cooked pasta and pesto to the pan with the chickpeas. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
6. Plate your dishServe the pasta and garnish with the hemp seeds and lemon juice to taste. Bon appétit!
What you needpan, pot, strainer, tongs, food processor