1. SetupCut the carrot and broccoli into small pieces. Chop the parsley and the shallot. Cut the lemon into wedges. Prepare 2 2P | 3 3P cups of hot water with the broth cube.
2. Cook the broccoliHeat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, broccoli and shallot and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the orzo and mix. Gradually add the water, stirring over medium heat until the orzo is tender.
3. Poach the eggsBring a small saucepan with water filled halfway to a boil. When the water boils, reduce the heat to medium so that you have hot simmering water. Crack the eggs into a glass or small bowl each. Slowly pour 1 to 2 eggs max at a time into the saucepan. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
4. Add the cheddarAdd the cream and cheddar to the pan of orzo. Mix and cook 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
5. Plate your dishServe the orzo garnished with the poached egg, parsley and fried onions. Add lemon juice to taste. Bon appétit!