Creamy potato, leek and carrot soup
1. Setup Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the potatoes, carrot, garlic and leek into medium sized pieces. Remove thyme from stems. Heat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp of butter (optional) in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes, carrot, garlic, leek and half of the thyme for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
2. Add the broth Add the broth cube and 3 2P | 4.5 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20-22 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Fry the sage Heat a small pan over medium-high heat. Roast the almonds 3-4 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan. Add a drizzle of oil and fry the sage leaves for 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the pan and put on a paper towel. Chop the parsley. Crumble the almonds and the sage and put in a bowl with the parsley and remaining thyme.
4. Bake the bread Slice the bread in half and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Put cheese on each slice of bread. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
5. Finish the soup Remove the pot of soup from the heat. Add the cream. Use a blender or a hand blender to mix the soup until it's smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the soup and garnish with the sage and almond mixture. Serve with the cheesy bread. Bon appétit!
0.5 unit Leek(s)
350 g White Potato(es)
4 unit Organic Nantes carrot (s)
80 ml Cream 15%
1 unit Sage
0.5 unit Thyme
30 ml Slivered Almonds
1 unit Garlic Clove(s)
2 unit Ciabatta Bread
35 g Old Cheddar
1 unit Vegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need pan, pot, blender, sheet pan
% daily value
% daily value