1. SetupPreheat oven to 400°F. Cut the potatoes, carrot, garlic and leek into small to medium sized pieces. Remove the thyme leaves from the stems. Heat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp. of butter (optional) in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes, carrot, garlic, leek and half of the thyme for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
2. Add the brothAdd the broth cube and 3 2P | 4.5 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Fry the sageHeat a small pan over medium-high heat. Roast the almonds3-4 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan. Add a drizzle of oil and fry the sage leaves for 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the pan and put on a paper towel. Chop the parsley, almonds and the sage and put in a bowl with the remaining thyme.
4. Bake the breadSlice the bread in half and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Put the cheese on each slice of bread. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
5. Finish the soupRemove the pot of soup from the heat. Add the cream. Use a mixer or a hand blender to mix the soup until it's smooth and homogeneous. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dishServe the soup and garnish with the sage and almond mixture. Serve with the cheesy bread. Make finger size bread slice to dip in soup. Bon appétit!