Creamy potato, leek and Croc Bio carrot soup
with fried sage and almond garnish and cheesy ciabatta
40 min. | 660 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the potatoes, carrot, garlic and leek into small to medium sized pieces. Remove thyme from stems. Heat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp of butter (optional) in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes, carrot, garlic, leek and half of the thyme for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
2. Add the broth Add the broth cube and 3 2P | 4.5 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Fry the sage Heat a small pan over medium-high heat. Roast the almonds 3-4 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan. Add a drizzle of oil and fry the sage leaves for 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the pan and put on a paper towel. Chop the parsley, almonds and the sage and put in a bowl with the remaining thyme.
4. Bake the bread Slice the bread in half and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Put cheese on each slice of bread. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
5. Finish the soup Remove the pot of soup from the heat. Add the cream. Use a blender or a hand blender to mix the soup until it's smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the soup and garnish with the sage and almond mixture. Serve with the cheesy bread. Bon appétit!
4unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
1unitFresh Italian Parsley
0.5unitHerbs Mix - Sage and Thyme
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need pan, pot, blender, sheet pan
% daily value
% daily value