35 min. | 812 kcal | easy | |
1. Cook the fries Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the potatoes into medium sized fries or wedges. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 27-30 minutes until browned.
2. Setup Thinly slice the tomato. Break up a few lettuce leaves. Slice 0.5 2P | 1 3P eggplant. Chop the basil.
3. Mix the mayo Mix the mayonnaise with the basil. Put 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp of mayonnaise with 1-2 tbsp of water in another bowl for step 4.
4. Bread the eggplant Place the panko and onion powder in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Dip the eggplant slices in the mayonnaise and water mixture then coat with panko.
5. Cook the eggplant Heat a generous drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the eggplant slices for about 2 minutes on each side until browned. Reduce the heat to medium if the oil gets too hot. Place the eggplant slices on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
6. Plate your dish Place the slices of bread in the oven for 4-5 minutes to toast. Garnish with the remaining mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and eggplant slices. Close the sandwich and cut into triangles. Serve with the fries. Bon appétit!
4 unit Slices of Bread
0.5 unit Eggplant(s)
0.5 unit Basil
140 ml Mayonnaise
180 ml Panko Breadcrumbs
1 unit Tomato(es)
0.5 unit Iceberg Lettuce
500 g Yellow Potato(es)
10 ml Onion Powder
What you need sheet pan, pan, bowls, tongs
% daily value
% daily value