35 min. | 812 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the fries Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the potatoes into medium sized fries or wedges. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 27-30 minutes until browned.
2. Setup Thinly slice the tomato. Break up a few lettuce leaves. Slice 0.5 2P | 1 3P eggplant. Chop the basil.
3. Mix the mayo Mix the mayonnaise with the basil. Put 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp of mayonnaise with 1-2 tbsp of water in another bowl for step 4.
4. Bread the eggplant Place the panko and onion powder in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Dip the eggplant slices in the mayonnaise and water mixture then coat with panko.
5. Cook the eggplant Heat a generous drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the eggplant slices for about 2 minutes on each side until browned. Reduce the heat to medium if the oil gets too hot. Place the eggplant slices on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
6. Plate your dish Place the slices of bread in the oven for 4-5 minutes to toast. Garnish with the remaining mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and eggplant slices. Close the sandwich and cut into triangles. Serve with the fries. Bon appétit!
4unitSlices of Bread
What you need sheet pan, pan, bowls, tongs
% daily value
% daily value