Crispy Tofu in Sweet and Spicy Sauce
1. Setup Chop the green onions, the garlic and the ginger. Cut the bok choy into pieces. Cut the tofu into cubes.
2. Cook the tofu In a deep pan, add about an inch of vegetable oil. In a bowl, combine the tofu with the cornstarch, keeping around one tbsp aside. Once the oil is hot, add the tofu and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels.
3. Make the noodles In a skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of oil. Cook the bok choy for 2-3 minutes. Add the noodles and 2-3 tbsp of water. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Make the sauce In a bowl, combine the maple syrup, the sriracha, the garlic, the ginger, the soy sauce, the rest of the cornstarch and 60 2P | 90 3P ml of water.
5. Assemble In the same pan used to cook the tofu, remove the oil. Add the sauce, bring to a boil, and cook 1-2 minutes. Reduce the heat, return the tofu pieces and add the sesame seeds. Mix well.
6. Plate your dish Serve the tofu in a sweet and spicy sauce with the bok choy chow mein noodles. Garnish with the green onions. Bon appétit!
300 g Tofu
60 ml Cornstarch
4 unit Bok Choy Shanghai
195 g Ramen Noodles
2 unit Green Onion(s)
20 ml Maple Syrup
15 ml Sriracha
2 unit Garlic Clove(s)
1 unit Ginger
15 ml Grilled Sesame Seeds
30 ml Soy Sauce
What you need Pans, bowls.
% daily value
% daily value