Cumin and Curry Chicken Thighs
with coconut rice, bell pepper salsa and roasted carrots
40 min. | 627 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Cut the carrots in 2 or 4 lengthwise depending on the size. Chop the cilantro and the shallot. Cut the bell pepper into small cubes. Slice the chicken into strips.
2. Cook the rice Put the coconut milk, broth cube and 200 2P | 300 3Pml of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour in the rice, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender.
3. Cook the chicken Mix the chicken strips with the spices, salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken 5-7 minutes. Flip, cover and cook 6-7 minutes over medium-low heat until center is cooked through.
4. Make the salsa Mix the pepper with the shallot, cilantro, a drizzle of oil, 1 tsp. of cider or wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Cook the carrots Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pan on medium high. Cook the carrots for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add 1/4| 1/3 cup of water and cook over medium-high heat until the water has evaporated and the carrots are tender. Adjust seasoning to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the rice and garnish with the chicken, carrots and the salsa. Bon appétit!
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
6gSpice Mix (curry powder,cumin powder)
4unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
What you need pans, tongs, pot, bowl
% daily value
% daily value