1. SetupFinely chop the herbs and the garlic. Drain and rinse the lentils. Peel and thinly slice the carrot diagonally. Zest the lime. Keep some parsley leaves for the salad.
2. Roast the almondsHeat a pan over medium-high heat. Roast the almonds3-4 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan. Add a drizzle of oil and the carrots. Cook 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Add 1/3 2P | 1/2 3P cup of water and cook until the water is completely evaporated and the carrots are tender.
3. Cook the porkPat the pork dry. Coat with the spices, salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pork3 minutes on one side. Flip, cover and cook 6-8 minutes over low heat until the center is cooked through. To help your children get accustomed to new flavours and develop their tastebuds, reduce the amount of spices as needed.
4. Make the saladIn a bowl, mix the lentils with the almonds, raisins, parsley leaves and carrots. In a small bowl, whisk the honey with the juice of half a lime, a generous drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add the sauce to the salad.
5. Make the salsaIn another bowl, mix the herbs with the garlic, the lime zest, the juice of half a lime, 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of oil, 1 tbsp of cider or wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Add a pinch of sugar. It is possible that the salsa isn't to everybody's taste, simply give the children the choice to add it or not to their plate rather than adding it directly.
6. Plate your dishServe the pork with the salsa verde and the lentil salad. Bon appétit!