1. Cook the duckPreheat the oven to 425°F. Score the fat of the duck without piercing through to the flesh. Put the fat side down in a pan and cook for 18-22 minutes over low heat. The fat will render and become crispy. Beware of splattering. Flip the breast, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes on low heat. If desired, baste the duck with the fat in the pan a few times during cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook to an internal temperature of 58°C. Let the breast rest on a board 4-6 minutes before slicing.
2. Cook the friesCut the potatoes into thin fries. Pat dry. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a light drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 26-30 minutes until browned.
3. SetupChop the shallot. Thinly slice the cucumber. Chop the thyme leaves. Coarsely crush the peppercorns.
4. Prepare the saladIn a bowl, mix the arugula with the cucumber. Add salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar just before serving. Set aside.
5. Make the sauceIn a small saucepan, heat 1.5 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, thyme and peppercorns and cook for 2 minutes. Add 0.5 2P | 0.5 3Pbroth cube, the Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 2P | 1/2 3P cup of water and the cream and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
6. Plate your dishSlice the duck and serve with the sauce, fries and salad. Bon appétit!