1. Cook the duckPreheat the oven to 400°F. Score the fat of the duck without piercing through to the flesh. Put the fat side down in a pan and cook for 18-22 minutes over low heat. The fat will render and become crispy. Beware of splattering. Flip the breast, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes on low heat. If desired, baste the duck with the fat in the pan a few times during cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Let the breast rest on a board 5-7 minutes before slicing.
2. Roast the potatoesGrate the potatoes and wring the water out as much as possible. Chop the rosemary. Put the potatoes on a lined sheet pan and mix with the rosemary, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes to the pan with a drizzle of oil. Cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
3. SetupThinly slice the radish. Cut off both ends of the beans. Chop the garlic.
4. Make the reductionPut the balsamic vinegar in a small pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 6-8 minutes until the vinegar reduces and slightly thickens. Stir from time to time.
5. Cook the beansWhen the duck is done cooking, remove from the pan and keep 1 to 2 tbsp of fat to cook the vegetables. Add the beans, garlic and radish in the fat and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add pepper.
6. Plate your dishSlice the duck. Serve with the potatoes, tomatoes, bean salad and garnish with the balsamic reduction. Bon appétit!
1unitMulticolor Cherry Tomatoes
What you needsheet pan, baking paper, grate, pans, wooden spoon, tongs