1. SetupChop half of the shallot, the garlic, the parsley and the cilantro. Thinly slice the cucumbers and the rest of the shallot. Cut the pita bread into pieces. Separate the boston lettuce leaves.
2. Make the falafel mixtureIn a bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher. Add the parsley, the cilantro, half of the garlic, the chopped shallots, the eggs and the flour. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
3. Fry the pitasIn a pan, add a generous drizzle of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the pita pieces and cook until crispy, 2-3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels.
4. Fry the falafelsForm 5-6 fritters per person with the chickpea mixture and fry in the same pan 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and place on paper towels.
5. Make the sauce and the sumac shallotsIn a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the garlic. If children prefer, it's possible to omit or reduce the amount of garlic. In another bowl, combine the shallots with the sumac.
6. Plate your dishServe the falafels with the garlic sauce, the hummus, the cucumbers, the sumac shallots and the crispy pitas. Serve in the boston lettuce leaves. Bon appétit!