1. SetupPreheat the oven to 375 °F. Slice the onions, the bread and the mushrooms. Chop the garlic. Remove the thyme from their stems.
2. Make the caramelized onionsIn a skillet over medium heat, add a tbsp of butter. Add the onions, the honey and the thyme. It's possible to put a part of thyme and reserve the rest for the service. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring a few times.
3. Make th beef mixtureIn an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp of butter. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the beef and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Add the spinach, the garlic, 0.5 2P | 1 3Pbroth cubeand 120 2P | 180 3P ml of water and mix well. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
4. Assemble and cook in the ovenIn the oven-safe pan, add the caramelized onions, keeping about 1 tbsp to garnish at the end. Spread the sour cream on the slices of bread and spread over the beef mixture. Garnish with the swiss cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes. BROIL for 2-3 minutes at the end.
5. Plate your dishServe the french onion beef casserole. Garnish with the rest of the caramelized onions. Bon appétit!