1. Roast the nutsHeat a skillet over medium high heat. Roast the almonds3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
2. SetupZest the lemon. Set aside 1 tbsp of sugar for step 4.
3. Make the blueberry compotePut the blueberries, white sugar and 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 6-10 minutes until everything becomes a slightly liquid compote. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest.
4. Make the whipped creamPut the cream in a bowl with the vanilla and the sugar set aside in step 2. Whisk until you obtain a whipped cream.
5. Cook the French toastPlace the milk, eggs, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and mix. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Dip the bread in the milk mixture and cook in the pan 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
6. Plate your dishServe the French toast with the blueberry compote, vanilla whipped cream and almonds. Garnish with maple syrup. Bon appétit!