French Toast with Blueberry and Lemon Zest Compote
with vanilla whipped cream, toasted almonds and maple syrup
25 min. | 833 kcal | easy | |
1. Roast the nuts Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Roast the almonds 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
2. Setup Zest the lemon. Set aside 1 tbsp of sugar for step 4.
3. Make the blueberry compote Put the blueberries, white sugar and 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 6-10 minutes until everything becomes a slightly liquid compote. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest.
4. Make the whipped cream Put the cream in a bowl with the vanilla and the sugar set aside in step 2. Whisk until you obtain a whipped cream.
5. Cook the French toast Place the milk, eggs, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and mix. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Dip the bread in the milk mixture and cook in the pan 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
6. Plate your dish Serve the French toast with the blueberry compote, vanilla whipped cream and almonds. Garnish with maple syrup. Bon appétit!
4 unit Country Style Bread
120 ml Liquid Egg
200 ml Blueberries
120 ml Whipped cream
5 ml Vanilla extract
20 ml Maple Syrup
30 ml Slivered Almonds
1 unit Lemon
80 ml White Sugar
2.5 ml Cinnamon Powder
200 ml Milk 2%
What you need pan, pot, bowls, whisk
% daily value
% daily value