1. SetupChop the shallot. Cut the pepper into cubes. Cut the green onion into large pieces. Cut the cauliflower into medium-sized pieces.
2. Cook the riceBring a pot with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water and half the broth cube to a boil. Pour in the rice, cover and cook over low heat 10-12 minutes.
3. Prepare the cauliflowerPut 1 tbsp of flour aside. In a large bowl whisk the flour with 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water and the spices. Add salt. Add the cauliflower and toss so that each piece is coated.
4. Fry the cauliflowerFill the bottom of a pan with about 1-2cm of oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook the cauliflower pieces for about 5-7 minutes, turning them until golden brown. Place on a paper towel. If the oil becomes too hot, reduce the heat.
5. Make the sauceHeat a drizzle of oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Cook the shallot2-3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of flour, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add the sauce mix, sesame oil, other half of broth cube, 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of water, 2 tbsp of rice or cider vinegar and 3 2P | 4 3P tbsp of sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens. Simmer over low heat. Adjust the salt to taste.
6. Plate your dishDrain 3/4 of the oil from the pan. Add the pepper and green onion and cook 2-3 minutes. Add the cauliflower, sesame seeds and sauce, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve with the rice. You can also let the children help themselves to their fill to develop their autonomy. Bon appétit!
6gSpice Mix (garlic powder,ginger powder)
70mlSauce Mix (soy sauce,hoisin sauce)
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
7.5gGrilled Sesame Seeds
What you needpan, pots, bowls, whisk, slotted spoon, tongs