Giant Latke and Smoked Salmon
Potato pancake with lemony arugula, sour cream and pickled shallots
45 min. | 619 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Shred the potatoes and the onions Preheat the oven to 475° F. In a bowl, grate the potatoes and the yellow onion using a cheese grater. Using a paper towel or a clean dish towel, wring out the mixture to release the liquid.
2. Make the potato mixture Remove the liquid from the bowl and put the potatoes back inside. Add the eggs and the panko. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the latke In a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat, add a generous drizzle of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the potato mixture. Spread well in the pan and press to even out. Add a drizzle of olive oil on top of the galette and put the pan in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes. At the end, cook on BROIL for 4-5 minutes.
4. Setup Slice the shallot. Chop the dill and the chives. Cut the lemon in half.
5. Make the marinated shallots and lemony arugula Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of wine or cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Pour over the shallot and leave to marinate. In another bowl, toss the arugula with a drizzle of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
6. Plate your dish Top the giant latke with lemony arugula, the sour cream, the smoked salmon, the pickled shallots, the chives and the dill.
1unitChives and Dill
What you need Bowls, dishcloth, oven-safe pan, cheese grater.
% daily value
% daily value