1. Cook the riceRinse the rice. Bring a large pot of water to a boil with the broth cube. Add the rice and cook 18-22 minutes until tender. Drain.
2. SetupGrate the carrots. Slice the apple into small sticks. Chop the parsley. Do not trim the thighs, the fat melts during cooking and gives more flavor to the dish.
3. Make the saladToss the carrots with the apple and parsley. It's possible to leave the elements separate and let the children compose their own salad. Whisk half of the maple syrup with a generous drizzle of oil and 1 tsp. of cider vinegar. Add to the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Prepare the chickenMix the mustard with the remaining maple syrup allspice to taste and 2-3 tbsp. of oil. You can keep 1-2 tbsp of the sauce on the side for brushing the chicken after cooking. Cover the chicken with the sauce. Add salt and pepper.
5. Cook the chickenHeat a skillet or grill over medium heat. Cook the thighs4-5 minutes on one side. Flip, cover and cook 7-9 minutes over low heat until the center is cooked through.
6. Plate your dishServe the chicken with the rice and the salad. Bon appétit!
0.5unitFresh Italian Parsley
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you needbowls, pan, saucepan, strainer, box grater