30 min. | 886 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 425°F. Thinly slice the leek. Tear the bocconcinis into pieces.
2. Cook the meat Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high. Add the pork, the leek and half of the spices. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Mix in the spinach, tomato paste, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Roll the dough Meanwhile, roll out the pizza dough with the flour to get a large oval shape with each dough. Transfer onto a sheet pan covered with baking paper. Add the porc mixture and some bocconcini at the center of the dough. Fold the dough in half into a half moon shape. Seal the edges tightly.
4. Cook the calzones Brush the calzones with some oil and garnish with a pinch of salt. Cook in the oven for 16-18 minutes. For more color, cook at Broil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Make the tomato sauce Put the canned tomatoes in a small saucepan with the remaining spices, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Cook over medium heat 6-8 minutes. Lightly mash the chunks of tomato with a potato masher.
6. Plate your dish Serve the calzones with the tomato sauce as a dipping sauce. Bon appétit!
10gSpice Mix (italian spices,fennel seed)
What you need baking sheet, baking paper, pan, saucepan, potato masher, rolling pin
% daily value
% daily value