Halloumi and Zucchini Skewers
with a parsley garlic sauce and couscous with cucumber and chickpeas
30 min. | 693 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Cut the halloumi into large cubes. Peel the zucchini completely to make ribbons. Finely chop the parsley and garlic. Zest the lemon. Cut the cucumber into cubes. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Cook the couscous Bring a saucepan with 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water and broth cube to a boil. Pour the couscous, cover and remove from the heat. Allow the couscous to absorb the liquid, about 4-5 minutes. Mix the couscous with the chickpeas, cucumber and 1/3 of the parsley sauce.
3. Make the parsley sauce In a bowl mix the parsley with the garlic, lemon zest, juice of half a lemon, 1/3 2P | 1/2 3P cup of oil and 1 tsp sugar. Add salt and pepper.
4. Make the skewers Thread the halloumi cubes onto the skewers with the zucchini ribbons in a serpentine pattern.
5. Cook the skewes Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the skewers for about 1-2 minutes on the 4 sides.
6. Plate your dish Serve the skewers with the couscous salad. Garnish the skewers with the remaining parsley sauce. Bon appétit!
1unitFresh Italian Parsley
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need bowl, strainer, pot, pan, tongs, vegetable peeler
% daily value
% daily value