1. Adjust the step of the recipe for your childrenTo help your children with the development of their taste, adjust the recipe for them. Let them make their own salad with the differents toppings. The salty taste of haloumi, the sweet taste of roasted grapes, and the crispyness of grilled pitas may make them want to taste the eggplant!
2. Roast the eggplantPreheat the oven to 425˚F. Cut the eggplant into small wedges. Lay onto a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for around 18-20 minutes.
3. SetupMeanwhile, slice the cucumber. Quarter the tomato. Cut the grapes in half. Tear the pitas. Mince the shallot and place in 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Chop the mint.
4. Roast the grapes and the pitasOnce the eggplant is cooked, remove from the baking sheet. Add the grapes and the torn pitas with a drizzle of oil. Roast for 2-3 minutes until the pitas are golden brown.
5. Grill the haloumiHeat a pan over medium-high. Slice the halloumi then add it to the pan and grill for around 2 minutes on each side until colored.
6. Plate your dishMix all the ingredients (including the shallot, the sumac and the vinegar) together in a salad bowl. Season to taste. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own salad. Bon appétit!