Hanger Steak with Bearnaise Sauce
with roasted potatoes and broccoli topped with almond panko
35 min. | 692 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 425°F. Chop the shallot. Cut the broccoli into medium sized pieces. Cut the potatoes in 2 or 4 pieces depending on the size. Crush the almonds. Chop the tarragon and parsley.
2. Cook the potatoes Toss the potatoes and broccoli with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 22-24 minutes.
3. Make the Bearnaise sauce Melt the butter completely in the microwave. Separate the egg yolk and put it in a bowl with 3 2P | 5 3P tbsp of water. Put the shallot in a saucepan with the cider vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook until there is about 1 tbsp of vinegar reminaing in the bottom. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the egg yolk and water. Add the butter, put the pot back on the heat and whisk until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Add the tarragon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toast the panko Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Toast the panko and almonds 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
5. Cook the steak Add a drizzle of oil to the pan at medium high. Cook the flank steaks 2-3 minutes on each side. Add salt and pepper. Cover, turn off the heat and finish cooking 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Put the steaks on a board and let rest for a few minutes before slicing against the grain.
6. Plate your dish Toss the potatoes and broccoli with the parsley and panko. Serve with the flank steak and the Béarnaise sauce. Bon appétit!
1unitTarragon and parsley
120mlPure Apple Cider Vinegar
What you need pot, pan, sheet pan, whisk, bowls
% daily value
% daily value