Hanger Steak with Romesco Salsa
with grilled zucchini, whipped feta and toasted almonds
35 min. | 451 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 450°F. Finely chop the pepper, tomato and herbs. Thinly slice the garlic. Slice the zucchini into rounds on the diagonal. Zest the lemon then cut into wedges. Pat the capers dry.
2. Cook the zucchini Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned.
3. Make the salsa Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Toast the almonds 3-4 minutes until colored then remove from the pan. Crush the almonds a bit. In a bowl, mix the pepper with the tomato, crushed almonds, half of the herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of cider or wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Whip the feta In a food processor, add the feta, yogurt, the juice of a quarter of a lemon and a pinch of salt. Pulse until you get whipped feta.
5. Cook the meat Pat the meat dry. Add salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, fry the garlic slices and capers 1-2 minutes until browned. Put on a paper towel. Add the meat and cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Cover, turn off the heat and finish cooking 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Place the steaks on a board and let rest for a few minutes before slicing against the grain.
6. Plate your dish Mix the zucchini with the rest of the herbs and the zest. Serve the zucchini over the whipped feta and top with the fried garlic and capers. Serve the meat with the salsa. Serve with lemon wedges. Bon appétit!
1unitGrilled Bell Pepper
2unitFresh Parsley and Oregano
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
What you need pan, tongs, food processor, bowls
% daily value
% daily value