1. Cook the riceBring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the brown rice in the boiling water 20-22 minutes. Drain. Bring another pot of water to a boil. Cook the corn7-8 minutes. Drain and slice the kernels off the cob.
2. SetupCut the tomato into small cubes. Chop the shallot and cilantro. Crumble the feta. Drain the corn.
3. Cook the chickenIn a pan over medium heat, heat a drizzle of oil. Coat the chicken in half of the BBQ spices and pepper. Cover and cook 7-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Keep an eye on the chicken to prevent it from burning. For the BBQ: Preheat the barbecue on high heat. Oil the grill. Reduce the barbecue to medium heat. Grill the chicken for about 7 minutes on each side.
4. Make the saladMeanwhile, mix the corn with the tomato, some shallot, cilantro, feta, mayonnaise, and the juice of half of a lime, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper. To help your children get accustomed to new flavours and develop their tastebuds, set the raw shallot, the feta, and the cilantro aside for now. Kids can then decide to add it to their salad or not.
5. Make the sauceMix together the rest of the BBQ spices with the honey, lime juice, and 1/3 cup of oil. Brush the chicken with the mixture before serving.
6. Plate your dishServe the chicken with the rice and the salad. Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own plate. Bon appétit!