Indian Style Halloumi Poutine
with spinach purée, pickled onion, cilantro, chili pepper and Middle Eastern spiced demi-glace
35 min. | 719 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the potatoes Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the potatoes into medium-thin fries. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
2. Setup Thinly slice the onion. Chop the cilantro. Cut the halloumi into small cubes or tear it into pieces by hand to look like poutine cheese. Thinly slice the chili pepper.
3. Pickle the onion Put the onion in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the onion and let marinate.
4. Make the demi-glace sauce Put the demi-glace in a saucepan with 1 2P | 1.5 3P cup of water and half of the spices. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer 4-6 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Make the spinach purée Heat up a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the spinach for 1-2 minutes or until it begins to wilt. Remove from the pan and put in a container with the remaining spices, 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of yogurt, salt and pepper. Use a blender to puree everything.
6. Plate your dish Serve the fries and garnish with the spinach puree, the halloumi, the yogurt, the pickled onion, the demi-glace, the cilantro and the chili pepper . Bon appétit!
7.5gSpice Mix(curry powder,cumin powder,coriander powder)
1unitFresh Chili Pepper
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
What you need
% daily value
% daily value