1. Cook the vegetablesPreheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the onion into small wedges. Slice the zucchini into half rounds. Place the zucchini, onion and cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add the spices, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Mix. Bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes.
2. SetupSlice the bocconcini cheese into small pieces. Thinly slice the basil.
3. Cook the fregolaBring a pot of water to a boil. Pour in the fregola and cook 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain then mix with the pesto, half the parmesan, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Add the cheese to the vegetablesWhen step 1 is completed, turn off the oven. Add the pieces of bocconcini cheese to the vegetables and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
5. Plate your dishServe the vegetables on the fregola and garnish with the basil and the rest of the parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bon appétit!