Italian Sausage and Polenta
1. Cook the sausages Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the sausages for about 15 minutes, turning the sausages a few times. Remove from the pan.
2. Setup Chop the onion, carrot and bell pepper. Mince the basil.
3. Make the sauce Add a drizzle of oil to the pan that cooked the sausages. Add the onion, bell pepper, carrot and spices. Add salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 1 tbsp. of sugar and 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 10-12 minutes. Return the sausages to the pan to reheat for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Cook the polenta Put the milk and 2 2P | 2.5 3P cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pay attention to the saucepan because when the milk starts to boil, it can overflow quickly. Remove the pan from the heat and add the polenta slowly, whisking until it thickens. Add the mozzarella, 1 tbsp of butter, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Plate your dish Serve the sausages and sauce over the polenta. Garnish with the basil. Bon appétit!
4 unit Italian Sausages
180 ml Cornmeal
200 ml Milk 2%
60 g Mozzarella
1 unit Diced Tomatoes
0.5 unit Yellow Onion(s)
1 unit Organic Nantes carrot (s)
1 unit Red Bell Pepper(s)
1 unit Basil
15 ml Italian Spices
What you need pan, pot, whisk, tongs
% daily value
% daily value