30 min. | 431 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Warning, spicy pepper! If you have sensitive skin, use gloves to handle the ingredient. Remove the seeds for less heat. Remove the outer layers of the lemongrass and finely chop the inner layers. Chop the garlic and the chili pepper. Separate the cilantro and mint leaves from the stems. Separate the boston lettuce leaves. Slice the cucumber and the shallot. Cut the limes in half.
2. Make the toasted rice powder In a skillet over high heat, toast the rice until golden brown. Stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes. Place in a plastic bag or in a mortar and reduce it to a powder.
3. Make the sauce In a bowl, combine the garlic, the lime juice, the brown sugar and the soy sauce.
4. Cook te tofu In a pan over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add half of the shallots and the lemongrass. Crumble the tofu into small pieces and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Plate your dish Serve the tofu mixture in the lettuce leaves. Garnish with the cucumbers, the mint and the cilantro leaves, the rest of the shallots, the toasted rice powder and the chili peppers, to taste . Bon appétit!
1unitStalk of Lemongrass
1unitFresh Chili Pepper
1unitFresh Mint and Cilantro
What you need Pan, bowls.
% daily value
% daily value