1. SetupThinly slice the onion. Finely chop the broccoli or grate it. Cut the bread in 2. Cut the pork into thin slices.
2. Marinate the pork and onionPut the pork and the dressing in a bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper. Let marinate. In another bowl, mix the mayonnaise with a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Add pepper. Set aside.
3. Marinate the onionPut the onion in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the onions and let marinate.
4. Make the saladPut the cabbage in a bowl. Add a drizzle of oil, 1 tbsp. of sugar, a dash of lemon juice, salt and pepper. To mix together. Keep a little cabbage to garnish the sandwiches then mix the rest with the broccoli and half of the arugula. Adjust the seasoning of the salad to taste with an extra drizzle of oil, vinegar if desired, salt and pepper.
5. Cook the porkHeat a skillet over medium high heat. Roast the almonds3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from the skillet and add to the broccoli salad. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Cook the pork slices for about 2 minutes on each side until the pork is cooked through.
6. Plate your dishHeat the bread in a toaster. Garnish with the mayonnaise, pork, cabbage, remaining arugula and pickled onion. Serve the sandwich with the broccoli salad. If you have leftover pickled onions, add them to your salad. You can cut the sandwich for the kids. Bon appétit!