1. SetupPreheat the oven to 400°F. Thinly slice the lettuce. Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Chop the onion.
2. Make the meatball mixIn a bowl, mix the pork with salt and pepper. Form 3 to 4 small meatballs per person. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
3. Make the sauce Heat a drizzle of oil and a knob of butter to taste in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes until lightly colored. Add salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, spices and a pinch of sugar and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Crush the tomatoes with a potato masher. When the meatballs are ready, add them to the tomato sauce and mix.
4. Make the saladIn a bowl, mix the lettuce with the Caesar sauce. Season to taste.
5. AssembleChange the baking paper on the sheet pan. Add the bread to the baking sheet and brush with butter or oil. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until browned. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and garnish the bread with the meatballs, sauce and cheese. Set the oven to Broil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Plate your dishServe the meatball sub with the Caesar salad. For children, it is possible to cut the submarine into smaller ones and cut the meatball in half to make it less slippery. Bon appétit!